Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Saying Thanks with Maja Design & Shimmerz Paints


Hi Everyone, I have a fun little card to share with you today using the beautiful new Maja Design collection called Enjoying the Outdoors!  I don't know about you, but I have so much to be thankful for, so for me it's important to always have lots of pretty 'Thank-you' cards on hand.  I made this card for a dear friend who has been so generous with me, I wanted to say thanks to her in a way that shows my deep appreciation for her friendship.

  Enjoying-Outdoors-KL

For this card I mainly used papers from the Maja Design 'Enjoying the Outdoors' collection.   I used 'Late Summer Flowers-bs' for the background of my card.  Then I opened my pack of Enjoying the Outdoors 6x6 paper pack and layered a variety of the patterned papers onto my card, using one of the mini-print floral papers as the inside of my heart design.

  Autumn Card Maja Gabi close1

Another Maja Design paper that I find indispensable is the clock paper 'XVI' from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection.  I usually take a moment to cut out all the clocks and keep them in a little plastic baggie so I have them handy for embellishing my projects.  Another little tip:  I never throw out the paper strips from the bottom of my 12x12 paper pads, they come in so handy for decorating my projects as you can see here.

  Autumn Card Maja Gabi close2

A sweet friend of my sent me a bunch of chipboard frame designs, among them was this heart design. I painted the heart with Shimmerz Paints 'Grape-tastic' Dazzlerz, this is a thick pearlescent paint that goes on beautifully in one coat.  While the paint was still wet I sprinkled on some bronze and purple micro beads (no name dollar store brand). I then finished the card design by adding a few Prima Hydrangea's in a purple color and used a leaf stamp from one of my stamp sets that I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries....these I stamped onto the 'Woodlands' paper, cut out and slightly crinkled them, then just tucked them into the floral cluster. 

I hope you enjoyed my project today and hopefully inspired you to use this gorgeous paper collection for your next cardmaking adventure!  You can find this lovely paper collection at The Scrapbook Diaries (I know so many of you are looking to find this beautiful collection in North America :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I always enjoy your kind comments and feedback! xo

15 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh Gabi, SOO much gorgeousness in such a little space! lol
What a lovely, soft and colorful card. I love your layers and chips too~
I like the leaves you 'created' and the warmth the twine brings in~
Have a great rest of the week! Karen

Kathy Bradley said...

A beautiful and elegant card and I've never been much of a fan for shades of lavenders or purples - but this is really wonderful and lovely

Petras Bastelschätze said...

WOW Gabrielle gorgeous design and beautiful colours. I like the paper and flower arrangement.
LG Petra

Anonymous said...

I always have a crush for purple and you have totally rocked this colour! What a gorgeous card with so many pretty details!

Unknown said...

Your work is always beautiful. My favorite artist by far. Love your videos and blog. Please please please keep creating♡

Janet said...

Hi Gabrielle,
I've only just discovered your work but already I feel so inspired by your amazing creations. Thank you for the helpful hints.
Janet

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Gabriëlle. Love the beautiful layers and decoration, it's a dream in purple. Thanks for sharing...;p
Greetings Miranda

Paper Profusion said...

Stunningly beautiful! Nicola x

Lizzyc said...

That is such a pretty paper range that anything that is created from it is sure to look wonderful.. Love the layers and the distressed edges, pretty flowers and wonderful chipboard too! Thank you for sharing your lovely card! I reckon your friend will love it!

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh, what a beautiful card, Gabi! I love the colors of these papers.

Janene said...

Beautiful details and colors!! fabulous as always!!!!

mamablitger said...

Gabrielle you always create such awesome projects. This card today is no exception. I love how you used purple in so many different ways. It all match up perfect. I love your layers, your embellishment and the overall design, you are an amazing talented artist. It always makes me so happy when I see in my inbox you have posted something new.
Thank you for providing so much inspiration.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Pon Malar said...

Gorgeous project, love this color theme & all the layers you created :)

Davi said...

Oh my the layers and my favorite color! This is one GORGEOUS card!! Love every inch of it :)

Christine Thomas said...

Wow this is a stunning card beautiful colours
Chris x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails