Sunday, February 22, 2015

New Mixed Media Page AND Video Tutorial {Bo Bunny - Garden Journal}


Last week I got my big beautiful design team pack from Bo Bunny! I was so excited to see all the new gorgeous paper collections, one of my favorites being the new Garden Journal collection. So of course I had to dig in and play with this collection first thing!  Did you know that Bo Bunny now has metal dies that can help you create intricate and beautiful accents for your scrapbook pages and craft projects?  Today I made up this scrapbook page using a variety of the new dies, including my favorite new butterfly design to create accents and embellishments that help give a light, airy feel to the page. Here is a video tutorial I made up to show step by step how this page was made, including a really fun technique when cutting your dies that help release the paper from the die quickly and easily. Enjoy!




I hope you enjoyed this video tutorial and will feel inspired to try out some of Bo Bunny's new dies and mixed media products.  Here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure...


One of the tips I shared in this video is how you get the cardstock to release from the die in a quick and easy way.  I don't know the science behind it but it works beautifully.  I found this tip on Pinterest a tip shared by Stampin' Up's Patty Bennett, and the basic idea is to sandwich your cardstock between a layer of wax paper and a layer of dryer sheet (yep, those pretty smelling little sheets you throw in your dryer, a fabric softener sheet).  So basically you have your die, the next layer is a piece of wax paper, then your cardstock piece, then a dryer sheet.  Then the piece of plastic that you use with your die cutting machine (I used the Quickutz Revolution for mine).  Just roll it through like you usually do, when you pull it out, the cardstock piece releases very easily from the die, and the tiny bits and pieces with pretty much fall out of the intricate little cuts.  I didn't have to use any tools to poke out my bits, they just fell out as I ran my fingers over the piece! It only takes a second to add the extra two layers to your cut out but it saves you tons of time trying to pop out those stubborn little bits on those intricate dies!


I also used one of the awesome NEW stickable stencils called Love on this page.  I took the clock design and using a palette knife laid down a thick layer of NEW Blush Glitter Paste to add this shimmery design to the background of my photo cluster.  I also used the Blush and Sugar Glitter Pastes on my Flutter die cut pieces to create these little butterfly accents for my page.


For my floral accent on this page, I combined the coordinating chipboard pieces for the Garden Journal collection with a Bo Bunny Daisy Blossom from the Blush packet.  I made a quick fun little nest using some Spanish Moss and a chipboard egg design from the coordinating chipboard for Garden Journal collection.

Bo Bunny Product used in this project:
Patterned Paper: Garden Journal/Sketch, Wonder
6x6 paper pad: Garden Journal 
Sticker Sheet/Garden Journal
Chipboard/Garden Journal
Glitter Paste: Sugar, Blush
Stickable Stencil: Love
Dies: Flutter Dies, Ornate Frame, Lattice Frame
Glimmer Spray: Bronze 
Blossoms: Blush Daisy
Wood accents: Iron Works

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I hope you enjoyed my project and video tutorial.  Your kind comments and feedback always make my day! xo


26 comments:

Romy said...

Oh gosh, this is such a gorgeous lay-out! Everything about it is pure perfection.

Unknown said...

O-M-G Gabi!!! Another awesome lay out beautifully done! Thank you for all the new tips and tricks!! I am going to have to give this new collection a go!!

Lisa Landry said...

Always fun watching your videos! Very pretty LO.

Kathy Bradley said...

Gabrielle,
As always, I am in awe of your beautiful work - your layouts, colors, florals - all gorgeous. I especially love the glittered clock. I just mentioned in a comment to someone that I am like the old crows that love sparkly things! Going to watch the video now. Thanks for sharing!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Just had to leave another note after watching the awesome video - your tiny details are absolutely the best. I had missed a few things looking at it the first time and after watching the video - I have learned that the tiny details on a layout are so very important. Again, thanks for sharing.

Pakamerka , Ada-Adriana said...

PIĘKNE !!!
Zapraszam do mnie :)
http://pakamerka.blogspot.com/2015/02/cos-co-mnie-mocno-kreci-czyli-mixed.html

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Gabrielle this looks so gorgeous. I like it how you placed the cheesecloth, good idea.
The flowers and butterflies an absolutely eyecatcher.
Hugs Petra

Patty O'Malley said...

I always enjoy your videos, Gabi! This layout is gorgeous! I love those delicate dies (thanks for the tip on releasing them).

Martie Rollin said...

Loved watching your video. This page is so pleasant...not overwhelming or full...just right. I like your use of both flat and dimensional flowers to create your cluster. Beautiful!

Lynette Lemon said...

What a gorgeous layout. You continue to be such an inspiration and I love your process videos. Thank you for sharing.

Beverley said...

Delightful Gabi, will certainly be watching out for this range of Bo Bunny papers. Love your grey/red combination with the gorgeous sepia photo. xx

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!!!! This is incredibly gorgeous! I love all the gorgeous texture, dimension and fantastic elements! The tearing, distressing, inking is such amazing touches to this beautiful layout!!!
I loved the video~thanks for sharing your beautiful work!
Sherrie K

Corine said...

Ta page est magnifique. Elle met en valeur ta belle photo. La page dégage un parfum d'innocence de l'enfant par le drapé du tissu et les papillons. Les fleurs et l'horloge apportent une touche de couleur qui permet de faire ressortir l'image. De toute beauté comme toujours.

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, love the dies and great tip too... such a pretty photo.. thanks for sharing the video, always love watching your layouts come together!

Unknown said...

Габриэль, я в восторге! Как всегда, Ваша работа превосходна. Спасибо за вдохновение!

Cindy Gay said...

Oh so nice!

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Oh Gabrielle, you've done it again.. the images, the colours, the tips, the design is just so fantastic, you give me ideas beyond what I would think of, thank you so much for colouring my world with ideas! I love to check out your blog every week to see what your next masterpiece is! And because of you I now love BoBunny products, although I'm sure I'll never have as much as you have in the way of Stash lol. Hugs Sandy ☺️Xx

famillemarleau said...

Your page is very beautiful. I love it and I love this paper collection. Great video tutorial. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Nanda said...

This is a very beautiful layout. I love the mixed media style but I wonder how do you store your layouts? They look so thick because of all the layers and flowers.

I just orderd the paper from Bo Bunny (I couldn't found the dies in The Netherlands but they are great too).

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Lol, too funny Kathy, you and I both! Lol

Janene said...

where have I been? BoBunny makes dies? these look awesome as does your technique - will give a try

Carole Wright said...

Hi Gabby, fabulous layout and video, thank you for the tip for the dies, I have tried both wax paper and dryer paper but not together! X

Tiziana said...

ogni volta che guardo i tuoi video rimango incantata !!

cathylynn said...

Totally Gorgeous!!! Your video is fantastic! Love those Bo Bunny products too! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Anonymous said...

Ola Gabi, sou Ana Paula, moro em Sao Paulo- Brasil, e sou uma super fã dos seus trabalhos. E convido-o a visitar meu cantinho. Estou no scrapbook há pouco mais de dois anos, mas vendo seus trabalhos percebi o quanto tenho a evoluir. Obrigada pelas suas contribuições e continue nos inspirando sempre, milhoes de beijos.

http://anapaulascrapbooking.blogspot.com.br/2015/03/desafio-de-fevereiro-scrap-entre-amigas_12.html

Laura Fdz said...

I just watched your video, I really like your work process. It's great as a simple all-white butterfly turn it into a delicate embellishment, and know where to put it so it looks a lot. I love the worn edges, browns and earth tones and the pictures you choose. Your work is very inspiring. Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails