Thursday, February 12, 2015

Favor Boxes with Template {Bo Bunny Double Dot}

Favor boxes by Bo Bunny design team member Gabrielle Pollacco, template below)

If you are like me, you love a quick and easy project.  This favor box is so easy to make from an 8 1/2" x 11" paper....not cutting, just a few easy folds.  I have lots of that pretty Double Dot paper from Bo Bunny, (I have a love of dots!!) so I grabbed a piece of Mint Double dot 8 1/2" x 11" piece and scored it as follows.....

Favor Box Template 01

Score at the 3/4", 4 1/2" mark, 6 1/2" mark and 10 1/4" mark.  If you are like me and only have the Score Buddy (meant for cards)....I just measured in 3/4" and 4 1/2" from each side edge. Now turn on the  8.5" side and score as follows

Favor Box template 02

Score at 2 inches in from each side.  Then you will want to mark 4 angles....measure 2" ALONG the edge from the two center marks.  Now draw a line from your mark to the inner corner as shown....score this line.

Favor box template 03

I personally found it a little hard to score the angle line so what I did was brought the point of the middle fold up to meet the edge of my side fold and then used my finger to make the angle fold.

Favor box template 04

I opted for the dotted design to be on the outside of my box, so I added 4 strips of 2 sided sticky tape to the four corners of the plain side as shown above.

Favor box template 05

Once you've applied your sticky tape, bring the two sides in, it will look like the picture above. Now bring the two side flaps up and you have formed your box....


It will look like the pic above!  Now the fun part....decorate!

Close up of Favor Box by Gabrielle Pollacco for Bo Bunny

For one of my boxes I used an edge punch and cut a scallop edge across the top.  I added a band of green cardstock (BoBunny Clover Dot) to hold the top together, and added some hemp twine, burlap, strip of lace and a die cut Shasta Daisy (Cheery Lynn Designs) and some leave cut from the Clover paper.

Close up of favor box by Gabrielle Pollacco for Bo Bunny

For my second box I used some left over paper I had from the Primrose collection (that collection had such pretty dot papers and butterflies!!).  I fussy cut a few butterflies from the patterned paper and cut a Fanciful Flourish from Bo Bunny's Clover Dot paper.

Hope you enjoyed today's project and that you give this easy-peasy favor bag a try the next time you want to give a good friend a little gift!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today! xo 


15 comments:

Romy said...

When you receive a gift in such a gorgeous way, the content of the gift hardly matters anymore ;) Your bags both turned out completely gorgeous!

Juliz Design Post said...

These are gorgeous, must have a go TFS.
Julie x

Jarka Ef said...

great idea. thanks for this tutorial ;-)

Tsaima Eirini said...

Fantastic!!!!Love it!!!

Lizzyc said...

These would be wonderful gift bags, and so pretty too.. thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

merci pour le partage! bises

Kathy Bradley said...

I think the recipients of these beautiful gift bags will be doing a happy dance! Thank you for sharing the tutorial/measurements!!

Conniecrafter said...

Those are both so pretty, thanks so much for sharing!!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous Gabi! Such a easy peasy gift boxes. Love your inspiration as always.You are the BEST!!!
Huggies!!!

Shere said...

The Double Dot Paper is so timeless! Your project is a great way to use it for something other than a layout or card. TFS

Silvia Mares said...

Gabrielle, hermosos todos tus trabajos, felicidades y gracias por compartir...saludos!

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Gabrielle,
These bags are lovely, and so useful for small Easter gifts (and other occasions, of course).
Thank you x

Cindy - FL said...

Wow, these are beautiful!!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous gift bags!! Your decorated them just beautifully! Thanks for the tutorial!
Have a great day!
Sherrie k

jimmy said...

very nicely written information with beautiful pictures about favor boxes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails