Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Having Fun, Getting Messy {Maja Design & Dusty Attic}

Delight

Hi everyone!  I'm super excited to share a layout I made of my little great niece playing in the dirt....sometimes it's fun to just get dirty, isn't it?!  I wanted to stay with some neutral colors with a hint of lavender (to bring out the sweet bow in her hair).   To create this page I mixed a variety of collections.  Here are the collections I used....

  Walking-in-the-forest-PCreaDiem-P1Vintage-Springr-Basics-P1   

I just love the way you can mix and match different collections. I used the following papers: Vintage Spring Basics (1st of March), Crea Diem (Karleken Overvinner Allt), Walking in The Forest (Flannel Shirt, Fresh Air).


I used 2 papers from the Walking in the forest collection as my background papers and then cut the cute Daffodil designs from the Vintage Spring Basics collection to create embellishments for the page.  I recently came out with my own stamp collection and used them for the first time a this page.  For the cracked wall/brick look here, I first stamped the image on the light background paper....I then stamped the same image on the terrcotta color paper (Fresh Air) and cut out the brick section and glued in over the matching stamped area on the light paper so that it looks like cracked plaster walls with brick showing through.

   delightclose1

I also used another of my stamp designs in another area of the page.  Here I did a little inking behind the photo area and used one of my cracked brick stamp designs to create a rustic look behind the photo area.


I loved the sunny yellow blooms in the Maja design paper, so I wanted my embellishments to reflect the same look.  So I took one of the NEW Dusty Attic chipboard designs (Bearded Iris) and after painting it with some Gesso, I inked with some yellow, green and brown chalk inks (Ingvild Bolme inks) to give the chippies a pretty design.

 Delightclose3  

I framed another of the cute daffodil designs with another of the Dusty Attic Elegant Frames and finished the corner cluster with some blooms and glass gems.



You can find my new stamp collections at The Scrapbook Diaries.  I will be showing many more ways to use these new stamps (and doing video tutorials for them as well).

 I hope you enjoyed viewing my page today as much as I enjoyed creating it!  Thanks for stopping by, your kind comments always make my day! xo

16 comments:

Romy said...

Gosh, your lay-out is just breathtaking! When you 'get messy' you always manage to make the most gorgeous things :)

LoveVN said...

Very beautiful, harmonious and elegant !!!

lexeyok said...

Супер! Шикарная страничка! Очень понравились штампы. Видела уже их анонс, теперь увидала в деле - смотрятся бесподобно!

Paula Calvanico said...

Stunning! Just a beautiful put together piece :)

Paula

ScrappyAndrea said...

Your layout is beautiful! Just love it ♥!
Hugs, Andrea

Martie Rollin said...

Just love how you picked up that bow color...nice coordination of page to photo. Interesting new stamps that you've designed...lots of creative possibilities.

Nancy Dynes said...

I love your color palette and combination of paper collections in this lay out, perfectly complementing the sweet photos. The embellishments and gorgeous stamping are the icing on the cake! You make everything work together seamlessly to create a beautiful work of art!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Janene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the layout and the stamps of course :)

Beverley said...

Congratulations dear Gabi on the first use of your new stamp set ... it is spectacular!! I love the way you have framed the photo mat with the background color and brick stamping. (Cant wait to see what is to follow!).

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful, again, of course!

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, love your back ground stamping.. it looks amazing..

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

This looks stunning Gabrielle. Every item is wel placed and used to make a beautiful LO. Gorgeous!!
Greetings Miranda

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a beautiful and bright layout! Your stamps look fantastic.
Rebecca.

Unknown said...

Love your stamps and this layout is beautiful <3

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

What a beauty! I love the sweetness and natural colours, the little flower frames are so lovely. Very inspiring!! Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Gabrielle, I can ALWAYS pick your layouts out when I see them posted on pintrest or scrapbook.com. I just love your aesthetic and how you pull a layout together with just a few embellishments. Kudos on your new stamps...I love them and can't wait to get them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails