Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Taste of Autumn! {Bo Bunny Pinspiration}

I'm so sad summer is over, it just went way to fast!  My girls started school again yesterday and happily all is well, they love their teachers and are happy to be back.  But I have to admit Fall is also a favourite time of year for me, I like the slightly cooler temperatures and who doesn't love the gorgeous colours that come with this season right?  I was totally in the mood for scrapping something 'autumnish' so when I was asked by Bo Bunny to do another Pinspiration post, I went rummaging through Pinterest for a lovely autumn photo....here is the photo I picked....

I just love the warm beautiful colors in this photo, and while I normally shy away from really vivid colors, I knew that Bo Bunny's New collection called Autumn Song would have all the pretty papers and embellishments I'd need to scrap this photo of my daughter Chloe in a field of Tiger Lilies. Here are a few close-ups of this really easy to put together page!...


Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Harvest, Leaves / Autumn Song
Cardstock: Chocolate Vintage Dot
Layered Stickers: Autumn Song
Jewels: Autumn Song, Chocolate Flourish
Blossoms: Natural Earth / Dahlia, Wildberry /Zinnia, Wildberry, Clover / Bouquet, Harvest Orange, Buttercup, Wildberry / Bouquet
Trinkets: Autumn Song
Paper Doily: 4" Small
 
Did you have a chance to scrap this past weekend?  Are you looking for inspiration?  A great way to find it is on Pinterest.  Before I close I just want to say thanks to everyone for the sweet comments you leave me, and the lovely messages you send me as well.  I've had a busy month so far (my beautiful niece just got married and we had a wonderful weekend away at the wedding)....hopefully I'll be able now to do a little blog hopping and see what I've been missing! xo


15 comments:

Gitte said...

Beautiful layout.

Patty O'Malley said...

This layout is beautiful with a perfectly fall look! I am ready for the change of seasons. Love that inspiration photo, too.

morkaren said...

Hvor er det smukt, med de glødende efterårs farver, du har virkeligt ramt farveskalaen fra billedet. knus morkaren.

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous!!!
Love all the texture and those beautiful flowers combined with doilies and the jute bow loops...heavenly!

Elizabeth said...

Good morning Gabi! We must have a pretty good time difference for you to have a beautiful layout completed already! I'm on my computer at 6:15 this morning because it's the first time all 3 of my guys are gone at the same time and I got on here during off-peak internet hours just to check out your blog and maybe watch a tutorial! I don't get to watch videos unless it's off-peak because of the data usage on internet! :-( Anyway, your Changing Seasons layout is awesome and your inspiration photograph is so beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your fabulous work. It has truly inspired me to "broaden my horizons" (so to speak) in scrapping.
Have a beautiful week! I know you miss your girls when they go off to school. I miss my boys when they aren't here. They are both out of school now. The oldest is working and the youngest starts college in a few weeks. They are both still at home though which is still fine with me! :-)
Hugs, Elizabeth

Amarilys said...

so gorgeous!!!! Your daughter is so big already!

Suman Pandit said...

love this!! esp the pic background and the white used on the pic to create a balance in colors!!
www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in

Lynn said...

Now is this amazing or what??? I love how you used this collection. Your design and elements are just gorgeous!! I love fall too and can't wait to have some fall photos to scrap!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

This is a very warm LO, the flowers are verry pretty in different colors. Every season has his charme, but i love the summer the most.
I love your card with the corset, i draw a corset by myself and make a card with it for the daughter of my best friend, she was turning 30 yesterday, she did like it a lot. My friend and her daughter don't have a blog but they love your work a lot. I hope you don't mind that i use your idea.

Greetings, Danoesja

Paula Calvanico said...

Stunning! Bly I just love the jewel tones of fall :) Great work,

Paula

Carole Wright said...

HI Gabby this is so gorjuss as usual, and I love the colours, just right for September.

Sarah - Crea S said...

Easy you say? I couldn't have done such an outstanding job!
You really captured those beautifull autumn colours! Trés Chique!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous rich and vibrant!! Lovely l/o!
And those amber-like flourishes of beads
are so perfect on this l/o!
~beautiful work and so inspiring~
ps- as beautiful as Autumn is, I am so sad to see summer go:(
Thanks for sharing!

langeatheart said...

Love the layout it's gorgeous. Love those bold colors which will be showing themselves soon up here! Do you come up for the trees in the fall? I committed myself to a 5 hr motorcycle ride through Algonquin Park with hubby! (Yikes) I also love your box! So pretty. This Christmas I am wishing for a Spellbinders or die cutting machine that can take all these different dies!

Romy said...

Oh wow, this is - for sure - the most gorgeous autumn lay-out I have ever seen. It looks so warm, feminine and pretty! Absolutely love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails