Friday, December 9, 2011

Bo Bunny's Layout Challenge! ~ CIRCLES!

My fellow team-mate and dear friend Mireille Divjak got to choose the challenge for the layout challenge this month and her pick was to use circles in your design!  I wanted to use some of the new collections so I went with the new 'Enchanted' collection from Bo Bunny (I love this collection because it is like an open canvas, ready for paints, inks and other mediums to dress them up!)....but for me, when I think circles, I think of 'Timepiece', so I combined these collections for this layout. 

And speaking of timepiece, I immediately thought of the Dusty Attic's Skeleton clock frames to embellish this page (another circle design!).  I took this photo of Chloe when we were at a local Apple festival last month, we were relaxing, taking a break and just watching the crowds walk by.  I see this photo and realize how quickly my little girl is becoming a young lady, I can't believe she is 13 already....where did the years go?
Here are a few close-ups of my page...
The large pink bloom is just a flower from an inexpensive hairband.  The clocks were cut from a Bo Bunny Patterened paper from the Timepiece collection (I just added some Platinum Stickles to dress them up a bit, and attached them with foam pop-dots)
I used a couple of different sizes of the Dusty Attic Skeleton clocks, painted them with some gold paint and dry brushed some turquoise paint on them. 
The pretty black flourish design is from the Bo Bunny 'Enchanted' Chipboard collection. 
TIP:  I like to use these versatile black & white papers in the 'Enchanted' collection by adding just a dash of color (for example using some bright pretty double dot cardstock with the page) ....or like in this case, I used some brown and tan chalk ink to give the page a 'vintage' look.  I added a little mauvey pink chalk ink in a few places coming out behind my photo to add a little more subtle color.  You can adhere the chalk ink with either a make-up sponge for a subtle effect or use the Tim Holtz alcohol ink applicator/and pad to apply the colors (working from the outside edges in).

Bo Bunny Supplies used for this page:
Patterned Paper: Enchanted- Moments, Love; Timpiece-TickToc,
6x6 Paper Pad: Timepiece, Welcome Home
Chipboard: Enchanted
Brads: Timepiece, SnowFall
Jewels: Enchanted
Title Alpha Stickers: SnowFall

Other Supplies:
Dusty Attic Chipboard: Skeleton Clock Faces
Flower: Prima, no-name hairband flower
Stickles: Platinum
Chalk Ink: Studio g, Colorbox
Cheesecloth

Would you like to play along in this challenge?  Scrapping circles is fun!  Scrap a layout with any BO Bunny collection featuring circles and link to this blog post Bo Bunny Layout Challenge by December 21st and you'll be eligable to win a beautiful Bo Bunny prize!

THanks for stopping by again! Love hearing from all of you! xx

24 comments:

Stephanie said...

Absolutely beautiful layout!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Stunning!!!!!

hania739 said...

Cudny !!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

ooooooooh this is fabulous !

morkaren said...

Sikken et flot LO du har lavet, du er så kreativ, jeg elsker dit arbejde, og tusind tak for kommentaren på min blog, ja jeg har selv malet alle de små huse, jeg har haft malerskole i 25 år da jeg var yngre. v.h. morkaren.

Raquel Leal said...

Adoro os seus trabalhos ficam muito românticos e refinados! Sou fã de carteirinha!!! Muito obrigada pela visita e comentário em meu blog!! Beijocas.

martina's kaartjes said...

very pretty ! love all the details ! great job
greetings, martina
x

Елена Дашкевич said...

О! Красота!!! Обожаю Ваши странички))

Carol said...

Stunning!!!!!

Tanya said...

wow, this is beautiful!

Romy said...

Wow, this is femininity in the most gorgeous way:) What a stunning layout! The elegant details, the colour combo, the clocks, the pink flower...everything on this layout just shines in gorgeousness.

Daniele said...

simply stunning, love the butterflies
hugs

Shona said...

wow this is just gorgeous...I love all the DA on there!

paperpapier said...

I love the pink flower added as embellishment. Such a beautiful and awesome layout.
Heaney xx

Cindy Gay said...

She is so pretty as is your layout. Love the blues and browns and the outfit!

Lizzyc said...

oh this is extraordinary! absolutely stunning.. all of it.. every inch of it is so gorgeously created.. love it.. and yes why do kids grow up so fast!! can't they just stay little a bit longer!!!!

Tone-Lill said...

Wow... This is a real piece of art... Love your attention to details. Your blog is a place for inspiration
:)

Patty O'Malley said...

So beautiful! Love the look of the timepieces!

Meg Giroux said...

Gorgeous as always my friend!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Hilde said...

This is THE MOST fabulous LO and blog I have ever seen!
Absolutely stunning!
Thanks for tons of inspiration!

phamil said...

Looking more like her beautiful Momma everyday!!! Such a gorgeous page, I love how you've used the clocks, and I love the technique on them. The flowers are beautiful and all the little touches make it "yours"!!!! Beautiful work as always my sweet friend!

Sue said...

Such a beautiful layout. You always inspire me with the attention to detail. I'm trying hard to do the same but not there yet.

Cindy said...

I just love your work! The longer you look, the more beautiful details you see! This is absolutely gorgeous and I love the clocks!!

Chad Villasenor said...

Stunning!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails