Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gotta Love the Dusty Attic!!


I always have more time in the beginning of the month to get some layouts done for Dusty Attic (the Lantern and iron fence designs on the l/o) while I'm stalking the mailman for my MCS kits :) ....I made this l/o for the Dusty Attic Design team and at the same time thought I would try out Gerry's challenge at My Creative Scrapbook to make your own patterned paper. So this time around I didn't use any patterned paper in my l/o I simply used cardstock that I stamped with some script stamps and inked with a little bit of 'Moss Green' Colorbox inks.

TIP: When you stamp with a script stamp that is shaped in a square you get a more 'natural' effect if you lightly wipe off the ink on the outer edges of the stamp before you apply it to the paper. This way the script writing fades out on the page.

For the lantern all I did was paint the laser-cut shape in black and cut out a piece of yellow carstock to put behind the lantern part to give it a 'glow'. I used some 'chestnut brown' Colorbox chalk in on the edges of the yellow paper to have the glass part appear more rounded. Here are some close-ups pic's (the pretty green ribbon along the bottom was from the June Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook, it was a pretty piece of ribbon I hadn't had a chance to use on my DT layouts, the pearl flourishes are from my dear friend Carolyn at Zva Creative, she was so sweet sending me some of her newest designs to play with).....


And a quick note, so many of you asked what is a Tim Hortin's Ice Capp? (in my last blog post) It's and iced cappuccino, sort of like a super thick frosty ice coffee....Yum! Don't forget I'm posting a winner for the Blog Candy on the 16th so come back and check if you won, and if you haven't posted a comment yet you still have a few days! ;)
Thanks!!
~Gabrielle xxx

30 comments:

Darien said...

Love all the stamping you did!! Looks Fabulous!!!! great colors!!! I love how green and while looks so clean. Thanks for the tip about stamping!!!!!

Unknown said...

All these stampings are fabulous! It remindes me a Garden from Alice in Wonderland)

EileenMV said...

You are so talented! Another beautiful layout!

Ms. Jen said...

Gorgeous darlin!

Tapka said...

great colors, very beautiful!!!

Liway said...

Your work is amazing Gabrielle - I just LOVE coming to your blog!! Great tip with the script stamp - thanks for that!!! :)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful layouts - soooo inspiring! :)

Jolanda said...

Hi,this is stunning,love it!!
I have tried to get some dusty attic,they don't ship to the netherlands so i'm not happy!But you made a wonderful l/o with it...;)

Tamikko said...

I never would have mixed those colours together. Just beautiful and magical as always. Love everything you do :)

Renkata said...

WOW your blog is full with amazing projects. You are very talented girl.

Create With Joy said...

Gabrielle,

Your work is stunning! I just signed up to follow you and I have added your blog to the Inspiration section of my blog Create With Joy. Hope you'll visit when you have a moment - I'd love to welcome you to my family of Kindred Spirits!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Melawi said...

Love your page... as usual :o)

Joséphine said...

Wow this is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

Zarah said...

It is faaaaaantastic!!

Patty O'Malley said...

You are an endless source of ideas! Love this LO!

Katherine said...

Beautiful LO - love the stamping tip, and the flowers are gorgeous.

TFS

Kat

Michelle said...

This is just gorgeous!!! I love all of the details!!!

Kerry said...

Hi Gabrielle,

Absolutely gorgeous page. The detail is amazing.

Love Kerry xx

PattiM said...

Another gorgeous, LO! Never would have known that that was handmade design on your background... Looks great!! Will be trying that soon and show at the next crop I go to this month.... TU

Hugs,

PattiM
{Pattie's passion}

I Scrap So No All Moments Are Remembered!

mow180 said...

I love your artistry. Beautiful work (as you usually do).

Anonymous said...

Another fab layout. I too had been thinking about making pattern paper from ascript stamps. Thanks for the tip on fading out the edges. Maria

Cindy Gay said...

Nice summer feel to this lovely layout.

Michelle said...

Hey Gabi! LOVE this page...I've been meaning to try that "make your own paper' idea of Gerry's too. This gorgeous! Funny comment about the Iced Cap...not hard to tell who's not Canadian! Havea great weekend !

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great tip on the stamping. Fab layout .. photo is so unique

PapillonRose said...

ta page est magnifique
bravo

Denise said...

Incredible!!! Simply adore this!

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

This is such a stunning page!!! The colors, design and your stamp work is amazing!!

Anna said...

The stamping on this lo's is fantastic. I need to get me one of those gorgeous script stamps. FAB !!!

bente_me said...

I can't stop looking at your LO's. They are just amazing! every single one of them! You truly master the art of not overdoing it, but yet decorate to the perfect!
Have a great summer:)
Hugs, Bente

Paulien van den Bosch said...

What a beautiful page!!!! love this color combo and I am so much in love with those orangza flowers... Beautiful detail work.

Christine said...

I'm a new follower and must say, I LOVE your blog. Full of wonderful ideas. I'm sending every scrapbooker I know your way. Thanks for the inspiration!

Brightest Blessings-
Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails